FKBD membership terms and conditions
FKBD membership terms and conditions.
- An application for any class membership of the FKBD is deemed to indicate the applicant’s acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All members of the Federation must comply with and support the ideals of the FKBD and maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism in their business activities, in their dealings with one another and as such agree to be bound by the FKBD Code of Practice.
- Wherever possible communications between members and the FKBD should be made by e-mail or other appropriate electronic means in order to comply with the Federation's Green Ethos and minimise emissions and use of resources.
- All members may use the Federation web site and other Federation publications as a platform for the exchange of non competitive information between themselves, and a means whereby they can exchange opinions and experiences with a view to strengthening the KBB industry in general, and promote a high standard of service to the general public.
- There are sections of the FKBD web site and other Federation publications where a charge shall be levied if members wish to reproduce their own material or advertisements.
- The inclusion of any such member's material or advertisement shall be at the sole discretion of the FKBD, whether or not the material or advertisement attracts a charge.
- An initial subscription is charged upon application for Membership which varies according to the membership classification. This is a one off payment charged to help towards the costs of setting up a new membership, and will not be charged again at subsequent renewals unless there has been a lapse in membership for a period of not less than 18 months.
- Voluntary donations are welcomed to assist with the day to day running costs of our organisation.
- There are no regular membership fees charged.
- Membership is awarded on merit and references will be required to support any applications.
- Associates can be individuals who work within, have a connection to or have an interest in the kitchen bedroom and bathroom industry, including individuals involved in the production or design of any KBB furniture, fittings and accessories, individuals involved in sales, design or specification of kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms either commercial or domestic, and individuals involved in the installation or installation management of kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms either commercial or domestic.
- Associates may also be individuals on the periphery of the KBB business, or retired from any branches of the KBB business or it's associated trades.
- The FKBD will consider all applications and shall have full discretion whether to admit or refuse to admit an Associate.